Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Ho-hum

It's never the same every day. That's one of the great things about working in a museum. There's drop-ins, there's meetings, there's planning for programs and exhibits. We're cataloguing artifacts. We're taking new donations. Volunteers are going through refresher training (or, for some, new training).

I attended the Austin Museum Partnership meeting yesterday. I've been going to the AMP meetings, off and on, for over 7 years. For the past two, I've been the organization's secretary. While I don't work in an Austin museum, I find organizations such as AMP a great place to network, as well as make sure that the resources I love are promoted. If you're interested in seeing museums in Austin, visit the AMP website at http://www.austinmuseums.org/. And, if you're that close (in Austin), come see us!

The Hutto newspaper was here today taking photographs for an article on the Swedish exhibit. We're getting lots of great press and attendance for the exhibit, which will run for a year at the Museum. It's very exciting to see the county so interested in an exhibit!

No comments: