Hands-on & Make & Take Activities:
· Pioneer Crafts: Learn how the pioneers lived, dressed, and worked. Hands-on activities include corn grinding, washing clothes, making cornhusk dolls, and churning butter.
· Pioneer Games: Marbles, buzz-saw, rag ball making, Jacob’s Ladder, tug-of-war and three-legged races are some of the activities visitors can enjoy.
· Wood Carving: Participants will get instruction from Williamson County woodcarvers, learn about wooden toys, and have the opportunity to participate in a hands-on carving activity.
· Living History Presentations: The best way to learn about history is through the stories of those that lived it. Throughout the day, visitors can talk with the San Gabriel Pioneers and the Buffalo Soldiers at their camps.
· Historic Village Tours: Visitors can tour the historic structures on location at the Park including the Palm Mansion, Rice’s Crossing Store and Mather Cabin.